On December 27th, 1957 Hadhrat Khalifatul Masih II (رضي الله ﺗﻌﺎﻟﯽٰ عنه) started the blessed project called Tehrike Waqf-e-Jadid (The New Dedication). The primary objective of this project was to look after the spiritual upbringing of the members living in the rural communities. The secondary objective was to bring the message of Islam to Hindu population of the country. Today, by the grace of Allah, this is now an international scheme, where every member, male or female, young or old is encouraged to partake.
Hadhrat Khalifatul Masih II (رضي الله ﺗﻌﺎﻟﯽٰ عنه) explaining the importance of this blessed scheme stated “This is the undertaking of Allah, and He Himself will complete it. Since it is Allah Almighty Who has put this inspiration in my heart, I shall endeavour to fulfil it even if I have to sell my house and my clothes to do so and even if not a single person assists me. Allah shall cut them off from the Jama‘at who are not helping me in this regard and will send down angels from heaven to help me.”
(Friday Sermon, January 5, 1958)
- Za’im or Muntazim Waqf-e-Jadid should request the local Sadar/Finance Secretary for a list of non-participant Ansar from the previous year and try to motivate them to take part this year.
- Every Majlis should ensure all Ansar to take part in this blessed scheme. Every new Ahmadi Nasir should also be made aware of this scheme.
- As a family head, every Nasir should ensure that ALL members of his household participate in this divine scheme. Chanda should even be paid on behalf of new-borns.
- Ansar should be encouraged to increase on the amount sacrificed by them in the previous year.
- Ansar should try to continue the sacrifices of deceased relatives who used to pay Chanda Waqf-e-Jadid.
- A report on how many non-participants (from the previous year) have promised to pay this year should be given every quarter to the centre.
Note: The Waqf-e-Jadid year begins on 1st January and ends on 31st December. The following lists are presented to Hadhrat Khalifatul Masih (ایدہ اللہ تعالیٰ بنصرہ العزیز) at the end of every Waqf-e-Jadid year for special prayers.
- For adults those who contribute £600 and over
- For children under 15:
- Young Mujahid = £24 – £35
- Mujahid Saf Doem = £36 – £59
- Mujahid Saf Awal = £60 and over
For further information contact
Zia ul Rehman (Qaid Waqf-e-Jadid)
email@example.com or 07814560563